Scheufler Law provides this web site as a service to its clients and the internet community. This web site contains information of a general nature, and is not intended as legal advice and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Scheufler Law or any of its attorneys, employees, clients, partners or affiliates.
While the information in this web site is updated periodically, additional facts or future developments may affect subjects contained herein and no guarantee is given that the information provided is correct, complete, or up-to-date or relevant to a particular jurisdiction. Seek the advice of an attorney before acting or relying upon any information in this web site.
Electronic Mail is provided as a convenience in communicating with the professionals and/or staff at the offices of Scheufler Law. Contact by email and does not alone create a professional relationship. If you contact the offices of Scheufler Law by email regarding a matter for which you have not formally engaged the professional services of the offices of Scheufler Law, any information you communicate may not be treated as privileged or confidential. Please remember Internet E-Mail is not secure and messages sent to the firm or any of its employees, partners or affiliates should not contain sensitive or confidential information unless the messages are adequately encrypted.
The Resources page on this web site contains resources and links to other Internet web sites. These resources and links are provided to aid in the search for relevant related information of interest and does not imply that Scheufler Law is affiliated or associated with or endorses or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, seal, or copyrighted symbol.
Internet subscribers and online readers should not act upon any information in this web site without seeking professional guidance as to a specific matter. This communication is an “Advertisement” as defined by The Rules of Professional Conduct and American Bar Association.
By submitting a form on scheuflerlaw.com or on any Scheufler Law social media site, you agree to the following:
- I understand that submitting this inquiry does not constitute the formation of a professional relationship of any kind with Scheufler Law.
- I understand that I am not forming a confidential relationship with Scheufler Law by the submission of this inquiry. A confidential relationship is formed only after a professional relationship is formed with Scheufler Law.
- I understand that I may receive a response from Scheufler Law and that I will not be charged for this response.
- I understand that Scheufler Law has no duty to keep the information I am transmitting confidential since the transmittal does not constitute the formation of a professional relationship.
- I understand that Scheufler Law’s response, if any, is not confidential since the submission of this inquiry does not constitute the formation of a professional relationship with Scheufler Law and that Scheufler Law’s response, if any, does not constitute the formation of a professional relationship.
- I understand and agree that a professional relationship with Scheufler Law is formed only after executing a retainer agreement and fee agreement.
- I hold, the Attorneys, employees, officers, representatives, agents, heirs and assigns of Scheufler Law harmless and without fault for any breach of confidential information that arises out of communication between myself and Scheufler Law via cellular telephone and/or electronic mail.
What personal information is collected through this website and how is it used?
If you fill out the contact form on this website, we will ask you to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, phone number and state). We only require that you provide an e-mail address on the contact form. Further, if chat is available through this site, you may be asked to provide information if you participate in an online chat. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; driver’s license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide to us through the contact form or an online chat will be used so that we may respond to your inquiry. We may also use information you provide to us to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out (unsubscribe) as described below.
Web server logs:
When you visit our website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on our sites. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include:
- your unique Internet protocol address;
- the name of your unique Internet service provider;
- the town/city, county/state and country from which you access our website;
- the kind of browser or computer you use;
- the number of links you click within the site;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web page from which you arrived to our site;
- the pages you viewed on the site; and
- certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website(s).
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user’s experience.
How is personal information protected?
We take certain appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
Who has access to the information?
We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us;
- if we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated attorney or firm that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party; and
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another firm or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
How can I correct, amend or delete my personal information and/or opt out of future communications?
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Contact us via the phone number, contact form or mailing address on our website at any time to:
- see what data we have about you, if any;
- change/correct any data we have about you;
- ask us to delete any data we have about you; and/or
- opt out of future communications from us.